JUNE 2011 Building Consent Stats
Latest Building Consent Statistics for June 2011
Building Consents Issued: June 2011
Embargoed until 10:45am - 29 July 2011
In the month of June 2011:
- The seasonally adjusted number of new dwellings authorised, excluding apartments, fell 4.5 percent, following rises in each of the previous three months.
- The trend for the number of new dwellings authorised, excluding apartments, indicates a small increase recently, but a turning point is not yet confirmed.
- Earthquake-related consents identified in Canterbury totalled $14 million, including eight new dwellings.
For the year ended June 2011, compared with the previous year, the total value of consents issued for:
- residential buildings was $4,932 million, down $805 million (14 percent)
- non-residential buildings was $3,704 million, down $166 million (4.3 percent).